The World T20 had been postponed. (Source: Twitter)

ICC’s interim CEO Geoff Allardice on Wednesday said the body has backup plans in place for the T20 World Cup in India.

“We are certainly proceeding with the event as planned,” Allardice said during a virtual media round-table.

“Plan B we have, but we haven’t activated those plans yet. We are working with the BCCI, we do have backup plans that can be activated if the time comes,” he added.

“Cricket is being played in a number of countries at the moment and we are learning from all of them.

“We have been talking to others sports bodies about what they are doing, we are in a good shape at the moment but acknowledge that the world is changing at a rapid rate.

“We have also got the World Test Championship final coming up in two months’ time, but we are proceeding with both as planned,” he said.

“DRS was designed to overturn the clear errors. There has been no wholesale changes in it.

“I think more and more when you see a replay, the natural reaction is what can we do…Overruling a clear error… We have got to a point where we are using technology to get correct decisions but striving for perfection becomes impossible.

“We are very comfortable with where we are at the moment,” he said.

“The vaccination role in different countries might change the dynamics… They have done an amazing job in the last 10 months in hosting matches.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here