The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly has said that the Indian Premier League (IPL) is “very much on schedule” despite the outburst of Corona Virus while talking to PTI.
The IPL is scheduled to begin from March 29 when Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians will take on each in the opener at the Wankhede Stadium. The Coronavirus count in India, for now, is 31 out of which 16 are Italian tourists. But it has so far killed more than 3000 people around the globe.
“IPL is very much on. Everywhere, the tournaments are going on,” Ganguly asserted.
The former captain has also assured that all the medical issues will be addressed properly by the medical team. The IPL will have around 60 foreign players from Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa and the Caribbean.
2020 Everest Premier League postponed
The 2020 season of Nepal’s Everest Premier League has been postponed due to Coronavirus outburst. The league was scheduled to begin within nine days.
Players like Chris Gayle, Upul Tharanga, Corey Anderson and Kevin O’Brien are a part of the league. Nepal Ministry of Home Affairs, the Cricket Association of Nepal, franchisees, players and other stakeholders together took the decision of postponing the event.
“We are naturally all sad at today’s announcement… but simply we have to put the health and well-being of all Nepalis and our overseas players before everything else.” EPL founder and Managing Director Aamir Akhtar said in a statement.
Earlier, a five-match T20I series between Hong Kong and Malaysia was also shifted to Kuala Lumpur from Malaysia.