The COVID-19 outburst has certainly created a lot of problems for the sportspersons. A number of them are going through a financial crunch as the matches are not happening presently.
The Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) is expecting the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to help them out during this pamdemic. CABI that was established in 2011 isn’t recognised by BCCI.
It generally generates funds through sponsorships and is backed by national award winning NGO Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled. It was found by Mahantesh G Kivadasannavar.
Indian all-rounder and World Cup Winner Deepak Malik with a special message to the people of India during this pandemic. #staysafe #stayhome and We will get through this together. #cricket #blindcricket #India pic.twitter.com/VczINnEyci— Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) (@blind_cricket) April 11, 2020
The amount that a cricketer generates in the team is somewhere around 2 lakhs if the full season goes on. During the March-April, they were slated to host South Africa for a series of comprising 40-over ODI matches and T20 games, but it was called off due to coronavirus outburst.
“We had to call it off because of the coronavirus situation. The tour was scheduled for March 18-April 4. We suffered Rs 10 lakh loss,” Mahantesh told IANS during an interaction.
The Indian team is a successful one on the global level. They have won 2012 and 2017 World T20, 2014 and 2018 World Cups.
The BCCI President Sourav Ganguly had earlier told Mahantesh that the board would certainly get them some positive news but nothing has been done so far.
“I thought Ganguly would do it. He said within 15 days you will hear from us. This was 30th November 2019.”
“They had asked someone from Kerala to look into it. I spoke to Ganguly that day, and he said ‘I am here don’t worry’.